View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #429
Extended Power

Re: Let's see some Blue 67-72 trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase889 View Post
Truck stance looks amazing! What are the specs for your suspension? I have most of my parts to drop my LWB, but haven't done the work yet (finishing building the shop first). I have a 50 chevy that is bagged and will be layed out, so wanted this one more of a driver and not as low... but I know in my heart, I won't be happy with just a 2/4 or 3/5 after its finally done.
First off, thank you for the kind words.
I bought the DJM 3” dropped front A-arms.
Used my stock springs, and changed the spindles from the 6-bolt drum drakes, to the 5-bolt disc brakes.
Was able to find a huge 1 1/8” sway bar for the front too. My truck didn’t come with one.
Bought some blue poly bushings from NAPA, and installed it. Looks brand new!
I wanted to go with the 4” rear leaf drop, but no one had them in stock, so I started pulling leafs out.
I also had ordered the dropped leaf hangers from DJM, which was supposed to be a 2” drop, so it was pretty easy to do. Ended up having to buy a new set of top leaf springs, and re-aching them. (Would have been way cheaper to just get the dropped leaf kit in the end.)
No rear notch.
Bought a set of Cal-Tracs, and installed them at the same time I had the rear end out...
Detroit TruTrac, 3:73 gears, Moser axles, Moser diff cover, and all new seals installed.
Extended Power is offline   Reply With Quote