View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 02:53 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Potentially dangerous car mishap that turned out ok

You ever have something crazy happen while driving and figured this was the big one? But in the end, not a scratch (maybe some stains in the pants lol).

I had a 69 Charger and I loved that car, but like a lot of young guys I drove way too fast. One day I was driving east down a several lane on all sides road. My goal was to go left on to a freeway onramp north bound. Before I knew it I was oh crap I need to slow down so I can go north. Hit the brakes and started to slide and spin. I ended up doing a little over a 360 degree spin and stopped pointed in the right direction for the on ramp. All cars around me had stopped to watch the show. I just hit the gas and headed down the ramp, no harm no foul.

One time I was on my way to work in my 69 AMX. Two lane country road. Kind of an s curve with a house on the left. I dropped something and bent to grab it, came up and a woman was coming straight at me, I was in her lane. I slammed the brakes, she juked to her right and went flying through the front yard of the house I mentioned and came to a stop without either of us hitting a thing of any consequence. I pulled off and ran over to her car, she was sitting in her car shaking. I apologized over and over. She said its ok no one was hurt, but she asked if I could drive her car off the peoples lawn for her. Are you sure??? Yes please ... I got her car all situated and we went our merry ways to work.

Last one I can think of before I hit the hay. I had a Trailblazer (Mopar back in the day, not a Chevy). It had a top like a Chevy Blazer except it was bigger and all steel ... very heavy. But I liked taking it off so I have the total convertible experience. This is back when the entire top came off, not just the back half. One time I had set the top back on but not bolted it down. Had no plans to drive it just set heavy as heck top back on because of room issues at the house. I got home from work and my at the time BIL had a story for me. Turns out he needed to borrow a vehicle and my wife at the time (lol) let him borrow the Trailblazer. He was more of an idiot driver than I was. He was flying down a side street, had no idea the top was just sitting there not bolted on, and it flew off. He said it scared the holy heck out of him. A noise, a lot of wind, then sunlight, and the top flying through the air like the house on the Wizard of Oz in the tornado. I have no idea how, but it landed perfectly flat in some ones lawn. Nothing broke, nothing bent. He put it back on and drove very slowly back to our house sort of hanging on to it.