View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #18
bigrigpardo

Re: Potentially dangerous car mishap that turned out ok

It seems all the mishaps I have had over the years have only happened in my 71 c20.

First was flat towing a 76 dodge van home I got from a friend. It had big words on all 4 corners so it didn't want to steer well but was too wide for my tow dolly so I figured I'd out my brother in the van in case the wheels didn't want to take the the. He could be there to see them through. Well here we are mid day doing 55 down a big 3 Lane halfway home when we come towards a mall and a Toyota corolla pulls out of the mall into the center lane doing like 5 miles an hour and just stops when the light ahead turns yellow. And here I am middle lane doing 55 and would have sailed right through that yellow so panicked I walked on the horn which alerted my brother in the van and we both slammed on the brakes. The tow bar filled off the van he went one way I went the other he ends up on the sidewalk I endd up on the median. I got out and started running down the street towards this guy the light turned green and he left a healthy burnout trying g to avoid me dragging him out of the car. We re hitched and headed home with nothing but a bent bumper on the van.

Second was in the truck again with my cj5 on the tow dolly and a lady pulls out of a driveway right into my Lane stops looking the other way so she can pull the rest of the way into the incoming lane I am on the brakes again all locked up with my Jeep flushing me Down the road horn blaring smoke flying and she continues out without ever seeing me. Never ever even looked at the huge truck that could have torn her sedan in half.

And the last one was last year in the truck it was raining and my head wasn't all there I was in traffic on the 80 and traffic stopped sudden I slammed the brakes in the left lane and the rears locked and the truck just took a hard left, I guess the front calipers aren't working even. I hit the rail head on and bounced off it across 3 lanes of traffic ending up backwards in the other median without hitting anyone I was shaking like hell turned the truck k around d and sat there a while. Not a single person even asked if I was ok. I looked at my truck with a rather banged up front clip and finished my trip. Some times skill means nothing and it all comes down to luck
bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote