View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #102
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

Almost done painting the Cab.

That's the closest its been to being together since....2008... Gawd I didn't realize it had been that long.

When I started painting this, I read a lot of posts about paint guns. 30 years ago when I was painting my 1967 GTO, I bought a cheap gun. It was a GTO, but the tiger stripes didn't look good. Broke down, and bought a good DeVilbiss. Made all the difference in the world.
Well, this time around, I was convinced to buy a $49 Harbor Freight Purple gun.... and it was good. I would still recommend it to any home hobby painter. But I finally broke down, and bought an Iwata LHP400. OMG, it is awesome, not like the first time you had sex awsome, but better than after 28 years of the same sex awsome. Since I am still painting in the garage/spray booth, I still have to color sand and buff to get the dust out, but it will go a lot quicker than sanding the orange peel too. The $700 difference is going to take a lot of sandpaper to make it up though.

Harbor Freight right out of the gun:

After Color Sanding & Buffing:

Iwata right out of the gun:

Wow, all three of those are the same Blue. It looks the same in real life, but the lighting sure makes a difference.
"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera

Last edited by 66Z71; 04-22-2015 at 10:45 PM.
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote