View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #174
truckzilla

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwolff98 View Post
Well in midst of all the projects plans etc I stumbled on a nother air cleaner/filter assembly that will work on our truck with some slight mods. Only thing that sets me off about it is the 400$ price tag lol. Vararam.com makes a dual snorkle ram air intake for the 02-07 and 07-09 chevy trucks escalades etc. very nice setup they have. it looks like the ducts are just about the width of the u channel on the core supprt and might just work if the cadillac air cleaner idea doesnt pan out. Go check em out when you have time, they relocate the maf onto the throttle body and mount a triangular air cleaner/filter assembly in front of that with two snorkle tubes coming down on the factory setup on either side of the trucks radiator. Really sweet. Waiting on some intake tubing from aem to come in and get the eing back in along with the core support so I can look at what I am doing with the escalade setup. Also will get the fender welt finished between the inner fenders and the core support setup once this is all being assembled back together.

Sean
Hey Sean, you saw that Vararam dual snorkle set up too! I've been eyeballin it for a while myself except I want to duct it in from the front grille rather than have it go through the radiator support. That near $400 price tag is the main draw back! Ouch!
truckzilla is offline   Reply With Quote