View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #14
KenAdams

Re: 1966 C10 Daily Driver

I'm lucky to have a buddy that runs a powder coat shop, that will let me sandblast anything I want at no cost. The problem with his shop is he can sandblast anything but can only powder coat up to like 10ft pieces. He needs a bigger oven, but he's been busy and stays busy and I doubt he cares about my input on his need for a bigger oven just so he can powder coat my frame. I've decided to just prime and paint my frame. It's my first time doing a chassis off so I'll see how it goes and adjust for the next project. I've decided for the frame I am just going to use Eastwood's 2k Epoxy Primer (14790Z) and Eastwood's 2k Chasis Satin Black (14146Z). So I sand blasted the rear end on Friday and then stored it in the Kitchen last night (can't get more redneck than that) because it was raining and I didn't want any flash rust. Then I primed it just now after stripping the chassis today. As a heads up I did not expect that 2k primer to kick off like that. I definitely need to get a respirator to spray the base later this week.

Last edited by KenAdams; 10-22-2016 at 10:07 PM.
KenAdams is offline   Reply With Quote