View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #55
Father&son56project

Re: Project Fargolet

I recently took a good look at where I am on the build, and realized that I am not far off from reassembling the body. A test fire of the engine would be good, as I can get at problem areas easily as I simply have a drivetrain sitting on a frame. It will never get easier than it is right now. As well, that wiring harness needs to be tested, and again debugging it is way easier now. This is also a very good time to thin that harness out a bit, which will make sticking under the dash a lot easier. So I got to work, and here is where she sits:

This is the original harness (which is in excellent shape) layed out and attached to all the buttons and switches that control it. My plan is to first test to ensure all electrical devices still work properly, and then to test run the engine to ensure that everything is good and no codes are being thrown. I’ll repair any problems, and when it’s all in order I will look at thinning the harness out. There are some wires that just aren’t needed (like trailer harness, rear parking lights, under dash lights, etc), and some that I don’t want (radio, speakers, etc), and there are entire systems I will be deleting (if possible) such as the ABS brakes, the airbag system, etc. If I can pull this off, this harness should be way smaller. I will be posting questions in the S10 Swap How To thread to ensure that I don’t delete any items or wires that affect the PCM as this is my only big worry when it comes to thinning that harness out.

More to follow!
Father&son56project is offline   Reply With Quote