View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Overdriven

Re: Does anyone make an aftermarket brake reservoir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Man thats a pretty interesting solution. I'd be curious if those little mini-reservoirs would fit my master, but at least I know it exists! Price is a little steep.

They don't show the fittings that they use to adapt them to the m/c ports, which is the most interesting part. If I could just buy the fittings I'd just fab something. Gonna have to stalk some vette forums and see if folks use those.
They are on the steep side. But it says they are billet aluminum which means they are probably one piece except for the cap with the MC adapter built into the bottom.

If it was me, I’d probably find a remote reservoir kit that fit the master and find a cool reservoir to mount somewhere. But I’ve seen adapters where the fitting for the tubing is removeable to change to whatever you want which makes a custom reservoir mounted on the MC tempting. Since the adapters are just an o-ring deal into the MC, just screw them onto your custom reservoir and push into the MC. Or if the adapters are the same material as your custom reservoir you could make them part of the floor of your reservoir and weld them in. Lots of options. Popping off your current reservoir and taking some measurements for the adapters might be the first step, or searching for compatibility lists for remote reservoir kits.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote