View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #67
StingRay

Re: First time swap started

Consider that there is torque management in the system. It really dampens the shifts. It's also why the transmissions last way longer than the non computer controlled versions did. There's no free lunch. If you take out torque management you will give up trans life. If you do a performance rebuild then torque management can be pulled without loss of reliability. You also need to consider that when torque management is removed you may need to tune the spark curve for knock. When it shifts harder it could knock and pull a bunch of timing back causing it to fall flat on its face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
Alright - update.

Took the silverado for a spin yesterday and she didn't pee all over the driveway when we got home (yay!)

The speedo was NOT working at first, but I've narrowed down the issue to a molex connector I added at the firewall to make the engine harness detachable from the passenger compartment. Either I didn't crimp it right or something cause if I sort of kick at the wires the speedo comes back on. So just need to add a better connection there.

On another note, love the power this thing has. Totally different truck. I think the shift points could use some tuning for harder acceleration, but at cruise speeds it's wonderful.