View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Seam sealer for gutter?

I've used a #M product in a squeeze tube off the shelf at NAPA. I believe it was urethane by the texture and sty pliable consistency. I believe it was milky clear like silicone. That stuff worked on there well, looked good, but it failed. A year later I noticed it was lifted at the lip on the drip rail at the corner. Started playing with it, and realized once I got a grip on it after rolling it off the edge enough I could pull the whole deal off the truck where I found water had been laying. I had stripped to bare metal and repaired as proper as proper can be. The product had flat out failed. Fortunately no rust had developed.

I asked my body shop supply what was best and they sold me this stuff from Canada that manufacturers supposedly use. With all the confidence in the world I redid they whole deal. That stuff self leveled and set up hard hard, like seam seal should. Now I see it is all cracked up. Time to grind all that out and use what I learn is best out of this thread. Prolly SEM because everything else of theirs has been good that I have used. This product was Dominion Sure Seal. Says on the tube,"Worldwide Supplier To Automotive Manufacturers". I don't know what went wrong. It could have been the lacquer thinner I used to smooth it out? Naturally they say use their solvent, but don't they all? It also says use their prep and they probably sell their own rags, too! It says on the tube it stays flexible and mine is hard as a rock

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote