View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #31
dmjlambert

Re: Anyone just skip the the bodywork and rebuild everything mechanical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksworld View Post
yes, everyone for the last 50 years that needed a reliable daily driver but couldnt afford body and paint work...thats why most hot rods were in primer and what spawned the rat rod and patina truck movement
Yes, I agree, with a slightly different perspective. This is an interesting concept. I think there are plenty of those folks that can't afford but wish they could paint their trucks and make them shiny and new.

The truck with just the right amount of rust-eaten original paint and a few dents is what I like. If somebody stole my truck and painted it with a supreme paint job and then it was recovered and given back to me, I don't think I would like it any more and I would be searching for another truck with a 50 year finish by Chevrolet and God. So for me the "movement" is the Earth rotating and moving around the sun for quite some time, and what a thing of beauty comes from it. I guess I don't care too much for patina, I prefer plain old rust with the trim barely hanging on.

Perhaps if the sight of my truck makes somebody wince and shake their head, it achieves the objective. It does that to me every time I walk out to the garage. :-)
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote