View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

Warning! Classic Performance Products

Hi All,

I'm sorry to say I have something negative to share with the group... But I feel it's important for people to be warned.

I just spent a little under 2200.00 with Classic Performance Products on their Grandslam Kit, Control arms, and other misc stuff. I had been comparing CPP and Early Classic Enterprises products trying to decide which way to go... After some internal torment I decided to buy from CPP because there was "more" to the kit... what I failed to do was to do a search on the board for CPP and Danny Nix.

I originally called CPP and gave them the list of stuff I wanted to buy and asked if they would cut me a deal (like the 10% off other vendors offer) since I was spending so much. Danny said sure and knocked some change off of the purchase (60.00 and free shipping) I asked him how much that would be out the door and he gave me a figure in the high 1800's. I said ok and placed my order.

The next day I received a call from danny because I had exceeded my daily purchase limit on my card (ATM)... So no big deal I asked him to break it up over two day's and he said sure. I asked the amount again and he told me the high 1800.00 plus shipping... I was like "WHAT!" you said free shipping? he told me he never said that and after some discussion I said ok to the extra changes because I thought It's possible I may have misheard him.. However, I did ask what the "out the door price" was and he told me 18xx.00 just the day before.

So all that behind me and a bit aggravated, I waited eagerly for the parts. Well... they showed up yesterday.... everything except the calipers, brake pads, and hardware for calipers... I checked all of the boxes and the invoice attached, I had all 10 boxes... but missing parts.

So I called this promptly at 8:00 and asked for Danny and informed him of the missing parts. He told me that they shipped them and that I was mistaken.. So after some discussion he said he would check the paperwork and get right back to me.. Well I waited until after lunch and called to check on the "paperwork". I had to leave a message, spoke to the receptionist and tried several times to talk to someone else... No luck!

So I came home tonight and decided to search the board for other who may have had problems with CPP... WOW was I surprised...

This board link has many of the problems I have experienced with CPP on this order... especially on the paying more than agreed topic...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=291008

SO... here I sit wondering if CPP will make this right or if I'm just screwed...
I know CPP is a paying merchant of this board.. but this has been a really bad experience for me so far...

Just a warning to others... Search the board FIRST before buying from vendors....

JUST MY 2 CENTS and sorry this is so long...