View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #44
dfarr67

Re: New LS Standalone Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65blackfleetside View Post
Looks very much like my $650 harness that BP made for me. The quality on your chinese harness looks good. I hope it works awesome for you! From my experience the chinese quality can be decent but consistency is a challenge throughout most of asia. You could order 1 of these it works great- the next forum member gets one and it has all kinds of issues with it.

Throughout this latest build of mine, I ended up buying a few parts /items twice because of poor quality or bad choices on my part. I get angry at myself when this happens. The BP harness being $650 was a big chunk of cash to part with. After looking at all the work involved in building one of these, I can see where that $ price comes from especially with American labor. If yours chinese harness ends up having no issues than you just kept $400 in your pocket!
The Chinese are masters at reverse engineering- I have seen them make some excellent quality copies of so many tools auto parts etc. The problem is not that they are not capable of producing great quality it's that the chinese begin to water down materials for their own financial profit margins. As long as the chinese contract source is sticking to their original build spects agreement- the quality can be fine. This is where many American companies whom partner with China become frustrated. The Chinese manufacturing middle men, or the shop actually building the product eventually start using cheaper wire, connectors , solder etc. so that they can make more $$$. They do this without informing the customer that places the large order. This exact situation happened to one of my family members. Unless you are Apple or another billion dollar company- this quality control is a challenge. My relative ended up abandoning the China mainland contract and went with a Taiwan factory. He did say that he then went with a Taiwan and had excellent results with quality control.

Keep us posted - I am subscribing to hear the results!! I love it when myself and others on this forum are able to save money and not have to sacrifice quality!!
Hence the question about wire type.
dfarr67 is offline   Reply With Quote