View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #69
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Impala SS Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Yes you would need to convert to the 5 x 5" bolt pattern on your axles. I don't think you would need to 'grind' on your axles. The one thing you need to check though, is the '63 12 bolts had pressed on backing plates. So without the typical backing plate flange, you can't bolt on anything. I would check yours though. It may be a late '63 or it may have been changed at one time.

The most expensive part of this conversion is buying the rebuilt calipers. Loaded ones are around $125 ea. plus the core charge. you can sometimes find good used ones locally, on ebay, or on car-part.com

I'm planning on developing a 6 lug rear disc conversion in the near future if that helps you any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
To install these on a 63 12 bolt I would just need to redrill my axles (i have 6 lug now) and grind the rotor a little to allow it to seat on the axle? Rest is bolt on?

Would someone that has done this share with us what they spent on the rest of the parts needed?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote