View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #53
izzy_Britton

Re: 1987 Fuel Sender Conversion for LSx Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
Aggie,
have you moved forward on the duel tanks yet? I am in the beginning process of the same thing. I am interested in how you might/did go about wiring for both tanks so the tanks are not going at the same time?
thanks in advance
I just wanted to add my two cents worth. I was in the process of setting up dual tanks for my 86 before I sold it.

I had the thought that I was going to set up each tank as its own single tank set up. I was planning rather than using the the stock type tank selector unit to just run individual set ups. Let me try to explain.

Left tank to left side fuel rail and right tank to right side fuel rail. Obviously I was using aftermarket intake with billet fuel rails and a single forward mounted cross-over simply line.

This way the stock style selector switch could run as kind of supposed to, left right and center, I was planning to use a burb/blazer rear tailgate window 3 position style switch. Figured if I set up each tank as its own single tank system I could run like stock, using the center switch position to run both pumps at same time in a race/strip/dyno situation. Truck was going to be twin turbo so figured a little extra fuel might come in handy.

Was planning to use corvette filters and anti bleed back fittings in the lines so that when excess fuel from left tank returned to tank it couldn't over fill the right side. Might sound silly but I was 90% sure it was going to work. This is the route I intend to follow on my 75 when/if I ever get to it.

Just foods for though.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote