Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #753
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - PDU panel is complete.

Well here it is. v2 completed.

Honestly I like it a little better since I got to move some things around that weren't great on the original panel. Things just function better now.

I put rubber washers under the TAC module.

All the distribution blocks installed. Bottom left(red) is my Key + coming straight from the ignition switch. Top left is the smaller gauge stuff. Top right is the larger gauge/power things like horn and starter and etc.

This is the spacers and rubber washers for PCM mounting.

The two terminals on the right are my PDU ground and power distribution. 1awg cable comes direct from battery positive fused of course, and ground is direct as well from battery. You can see my complete diagram back a few pages in my thread. These 2 feed everything for the engine compartment except for the vintage air and PCM, I ran a seperate power source direct from battery just for those.

Panel mounting, getting ready to wire it up.

Front panel wired up(minus the battery/ground feeds).

The main engine harness from cab will be hidden in the fender.

Getting there

Here is where I ran all my core support grounds to. It a mounting tab made out of 16awg steel to mount the PDU panel to. It now doubles as a grounding tab on the back.

That's pretty much it. I just need to zip tie everything up and during reassembly I can get everything completed like the parking lights and few other stragglers. Oh yeah, and I got rid of the remote battery posts. I couldn't fuse that direct 1awg hot wire back to battery because during charging from another vehicle it would just pop. I didn't want that hot all the time so I got rid of it. I will figure something else out for jump starting should I ever need it.

Who else out there works like this? Gotta pull everything out to work, then put it all back at night... Ah. This hobby is gonna kill me. Or my wife will if I don't finish soon

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote