Thread: 'Spot'
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
SCOTI

'Spot'

I've had a couple of threads asking questions for this truck. There was good & bad stuff when I first purchased it back in '17 & the bad stuff took some sorting. Once sorted (& since then) it's been completely reliable. Only maintenance since then was replacing the battery in '19 & annual oil changes.

That being said, it was a handful on the highway. Every freaking part under the front end was worn. I purchased new tires from the start but never put the fronts on as I didn't want them wearing funky & figured I'd rebuild things sooner rather than later. Well.... That didn't happen. When you can walk to work & don't travel, the worn out parts aren't causing an issue.

I've had the replacement parts on a shelf since Dec of '17 waiting. I was planning on a revised rear set-up so the front rebuild waited while I procrastinated. I used my Christmas break of 2020 to get things done & kept it simple for this round of tweaks......
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote