Thread: 'Spot'
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:01 AM   #11
SCOTI

Re: 'Spot'

I studied the position & shape of the bracket & decided to modify it vs. building something from scratch. There was hardware/holes conveniently there to push that decision.

I knocked the rivets out to allow moving the original bracket back the 4" needed to yield the same shock angle/travel. The lower rail c-notch bolt was already there so I was able to drill the hole in the bracket slightly oversize & utilized the c-notch hardware for that position. For the 'front' lower bracket hole I just drilled a new hole.

None of the holes on the top rail aligned & since shifting the bracket rearward required reducing the bracket height (frame rail height shrinks in this area), I sectioned the top off the bracket & welded in a new piece @ the new slightly lower height. Then, I just drilled a new upper mount hole near the C/L of the shock mounting. It has 2-lower & 1-upper fastener just like it's original position...
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-18-2021 at 11:18 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote