View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #115
SCOTI

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
No oil cooler on this one. I agree about the leaks. The dually I had before this one was a 94 model with a 454 and I wound up putting some money into replacing both hoses and all of the connector ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBeanDriver
Thinking of cutting off the crimps, getting hose from a hydraulic store and putting worm gear hose clamps on. I hear even the replacement dealer or Dorman hoses leak again quickly.
Which side are you guys having issues with as far as leaks?

My CC dually had an aftermarket set-up @ the heat exchanger side & OE GM adapter @ the block. It had rubber hose w/barbed fittings & typical worm gear style clamps @ the heat exchanger side to alum lines & compression fittings @ the adapter side.

When I did the motor rebuild, I tossed the previous heat-exchanger & related parts (didn't want to worry about trash screwing up the fresh motor) & installed the same style (kit) w/new alum lines, new compression fittings, new rubber hose, & new barbed fittings (I re-used the GM adapter @ the block). For symmetry, I also did a duplicate heat-exchanger arrangement for the trans.

I didn't have leaks before & hoping I don't now....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote