View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #26
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

depends what you want to do with it, I like using every single part like the native americans did with buffalo. if you plan to use the drivetrain and its a v6 its a good donor, something I would look for although I like buying them running so I can put on some miles and haul off the last project trash.

if its a 4 banger, believe me I would still use it but some guys have a stigma against the 4 cylinders. I did a 65 big window on a 4 banger and I thought it was great, but when I sold it everyone wanted to know how to swap to a v8.

if you are just looking for a frame you might still make most of your money back selling the body and stuff you wont use, and having stuff like the brake booster/master and all the lines is sure better than putting them in. thats a 94, lots of one year only parts so it still uses the round steering column of the earlier trucks. saddle gas tank, seat, probably a lot you could use.

if you want to use the drivetrain you will need swing pedals and its tough getting them under the dash in the old trucks that taper as they go forward.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote