Thread: 72 C20 Project
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #18
BlueChev72

Re: 72 C20 Project

This weekend, I managed to make a massive amount of progress on the truck. The most important was rebuilding the front brake calipers and replacing the hoses. The calipers themselves were pretty straightforward, but the hoses were a challenge. I had bought a set at NAPA, but they were barely long enough, so I found a set off of a 73 or so Pontiac that fit and were the right length. After being bled, all of the brakes work great. I fixed my turn signals, the problem being that I had removed the fuse earlier. A simple replacement was all I needed. I also replaced most of my light bulbs in the process. In addition to the turn signal fuse, I replaced the wiper fuse, so those work now too. Finally, dropped the bed back onto the truck. It was a little sketchy using an electric hoist and a come along to lift it, but I got it on safely, and bolted it down with new hardware. Now all I need to do to get it more or less roadworthy is to fix the brake lights and tune the engine a little bit (Work my manual choke out, set the timing, and get the idle nice and even).
Attached Images