View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
Country_Boy_2007

Re: my 1970 C30 HD project

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'll be watching this project. I'm a fool for the Jimmy 2-stroke screamers and want something powered by one before my time passes. I hope you can find a complete 3500HD chassis to donate cuz that's one hella frame. You'll have medium duty strength throughout in a compact package. Not to mention how it will simplify the whole project.
On the whole keep it all GM thing...While I'm a diehard dyed in wool GM man,and even a long time GM diesel diehard,I feel that stuff does not apply when it comes to trucks. First of all,Dodge doesn't make a Diesel and neither does Ford. Only GM makes their own and the other two have used GM diesels in their trucks. Real trucks are built from components with drivetrains spec'd out how the customer sees fit.
i gotta agree with you, i love those old 2 strokes. ive wanted one for a long time. so my best friend and i decded to build one..lol were hopeing to have it running by spring. but we have a long long way to go before shell be done.

on another note i think i found my doner. its a 94 3500hd. all thats left of her is an almost rolling chassie( missing 4 of the 6 tires) so perfict for my project.
ps if hanone has any 10 lug 19.5" rims and tires near W.C. ohio lemme know.
If you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with Bull$***
Country_Boy_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote