View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #166
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrusk View Post
Welcome to not so great work of FItech. I hope you don't have any issues. You project is awesome by the way. I look forward to updates
Thanks, Jay. I skimmed thru your build thread and man is it ever impressive! You and I share a lot when it comes to how we do stuff. I've had some of the same experiences when outsourcing work. I often think I come across as being too particular, but like yourself, I know what I want.

As for the FITech setup, it came with the crate engine and at least has been tested by the engine builder / dyno shop. We'll see how it performs once I get on the road (next year sometime). The main reason I took a pass on the GM connect and cruise package I used in my last truck build was that GM is of little use if you have a problem. They tell you to take it to any dealer for issues, but when I tried that, they wouldn't even let me roll it off the trailer and told me to take it to an independent shop. This way, if I run into a hitch, I have someone I can call and talk to at least. I'll keep my fingers crossed and thanks for the heads up.

I got some of the parts in epoxy primer the other day. I had a gallon of red oxide left over from a previous build, so pardon the color. The metal repair is coming along slowly. The doors (especially the passenger front door) will need a lot of love. No one sells door patch panels for four door wagons or sedans, so I bought a couple of skins for a two door and will split and modify them to fit mine. Meanwhile there's a lot of work to do on the inner structure before I can address the outsides. I had hoped to have the doors pretty well lined out by the time we go back to pick up the body in mid-August, but it's looking like my goal may have been too ambitious.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote