View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 04:44 PM   #6
SCOTI

Re: Question for Bagged Folks on putting the vehicle on jacks or a lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smullen View Post
This is what I thought, but I've been scouring Magazines, websites and youtube videos for days looking at 4 links bag systems and bagged front ends in planning out what I'm going to do or have done to my C10 and I have yet too see anything extra or see anyone mention it.

I tend to obsess over the small stuff like this and other details.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
IMO, you're not obsessing over small details & stuff like this can impact your results in a detrimental way.

There are a lot of things not mentioned when it comes to any vehicle that can make contact w/the concrete when air'd out. Many safety points are conveniently passed over in favor of the "but it's so cool" mantra.

One thing I didn't mention is that shocks aren't intended to be a 'limiter' for the weighted suspension. Typically it's the springs limiting things. Over extending a shock can damage the seals. That may not be a big deal on cheap shocks but if it's a high-end set of dampeners it can unnecessarily hit the wallet hard.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote