View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #132
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Re: 72 Suburban Making it mine

Was a great day, spent the day with my son ( 8 ) and my dad. We kicked off the morning picking up my parts burb... It went really smooth.... I was afraid it would not, but it worked out.

Lucky for us the PO had a few large wood blocks. We cribbed it up and used a long wooden plank he had to raise it up high enough to get the trailer under it.

We then used his cherry picker and ran a chain across the front into the inner fender mounting holes.

at that point we where able to back the trailer under it. I think we had to lift it just a little bit more right after this photo.

The entrance into his back yard where the suburban was on blocks was only 107" wide.... my trailer is 102" wide..... so it was a SNUG fit!

I then had an appointment to meet up with a member here to buy some AC parts. My crew and I loaded them all in the 72 for a drive down to Champaign, IL. We got out of the subdivision and out on the main road and the old sub was just wagging its rear end from the side winds.... so I pull over and didnt see anything on the Drivers side... it was swaying bad enough the tires where hitting the inner fender wells.. my only thought was it must be the pan hard bar!

it was...

Got it up on the lift for a closer look... it was already cracked. I drove it last week one evening and when I was leaving town I kicked it down fairly hard and I heard a pop but it sounded like maybe a rock in the road so I had not given it much tought. It wasn't windy so it never really swayed much. So time for some upgrades!

She's done for the season now. No more fun... blah..

At least I still have the 79 C10 to get my kicks until the salt layer gets put down.

https://www.instagram.com/p/71GojqpH...ierson_customs
bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote