View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
malibu795

Re: pro street NHRDA wreck

Quote:
fourth...did yousee the dually tracks?...what the hell is a dually doing racing on a dragstrip? those Non slick cars spining down track tear up the track.
yep i saw that.. and at the top end of the track. probly when the guy hit N20 on.. obviouly you dont run with anyone that runs treaded tires at the track?

what is worng with working on saturday racing on sunday in the same vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjimzlll View Post
I like that the diesels like to play like race cars...but don't blame the track...run them on the dirt...like what a 4x4 was made to do.
comming from a guy that run His truck at 67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.95 @ 134.05

i deff expected a remark like that off a car forum..

the "road draft" tube is def something to be addressed. i can see where some oil could get on the track from that.

a mild tuning truck is doing ~500rwhp/1000rwtq

as for track prep.. has a big effect on how the trucks run.. i race my in hte sig. a poorly preped track i cannot do a boosted launch.. there is no traction what so ever. and 60' will be 2.3-2.5 and peddle it down the track..with time 14.7X @ 99mph a well preped track i can leve with 5psi boost and cut ~2.0 60' with treaded tires im same mph but almost a full second off the previous time... a well preped track you will bearly see those tracks reguardless of truck setup..

4x4 truck are easiy to launch and dont need much technec...

bracket race something liek that.. is not that bad.. even if he leaves first... the 90% smoke stays in lane the truck is in
02 2500hd duramax/allision 1/4 13.82 @100 mph efi live and built tranny
500hp 383 on the engine stand

U.S. Navy 2000-Current
Peace through Superior Firepower
Horsepower = Condom.....I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
malibu795 is offline   Reply With Quote