View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 10:30 PM   #846
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Nothing is ever cut and dried. While waiting at NAPA today the counterman was talking someone through how to locate the build date of their vehicle. Whatever the part needed was there were 4 different versions for that model year depending on what month of the year the vehicle was manufactured.

Today was a lot of back and forth with the pump mount and the pump. My new pump was too wide to fit in the mount by about 3/32". I ended up milling the rear tab on the mount to move the pump slightly back to make the pulleys alignment. (Photo #1)

I decided on the pump because of orientation of the return tube. See photo 2 for the differences. The 3rd photo shows how old pump forces the hose to kink against the bracket.

Unfortunately the new pump has an issue too. (Photo #4) The mounting stud hits the hose. Fortunately it was an easy fix I just cut a 1/4" off the stud. I'm really hoping I don't have any warranty issues with the pump.

After test mounting the pump on the truck I found I had to file one the machined pads on the pump in order to get the full range of adjustability the mount was capable of. I forgot to get a photo today but, I still have to pull the pump and mount back off tomorrow to paint them.
Got a new pressure and return hose a NAPA so that will be tomorrow's adventure along with bolting the rest back together.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote