Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #124
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

So i finally had enough of getting no answers about my Fox shocks from my local 4X4 company, so i had them give me the number of the guy from BDS suspension that they working with, i called Friday, and i called and i called, every time it goes to voice mail so i hang up, i tried again today with the same result so this time i left a message.

The guy called me back in an hour, find out he's just a sales guy and transfers me to someone in the tech department who had been working the shock issue.

It turns out that the guy in the tech department is the same guy i was emailing to about questions i had about my rear U-bolts, I had mentioned to him i had a shock problem going on in the U-bolt email but he didn't seem to know anything about it, so the reality is this guy knew about my shock dilemma but would never answer or talk to me about it in email, also last week he said he was going to send me different rear U-bolts but they were never shipped ether.... Finally the apologizes start rolling in about being busy with SEMA and he dropped the ball ect.

But we talked for over an hour and bottom line is that for my truck they sell the same shocks for an 8" lift a 6" lift and a 4" lift and said nobody in 15 years has ever complained about it, i told him that was absolutely absurd to use the same shocks for 4" 6" and 8" lift kits and that 2.75 inches of travel in the back is still unacceptable, especially if i ever load the back end, it would be bottomed out. He told me i needed to relocate my top and or bottom shock mounts...Really? That's absurd too..... He dug a bit and found one in there inventory that will work on my truck quite well on the rear but nothing for the fronts.

So now my options are to take these shocks back to the 4X4 place and get my money back for them all, OR exchange the rears for the ones that will work out great with almost 6" travel and live with the fronts which give me 4 1/8" travel..

I did go to the Fox webpage and found 2 shocks that would fit just fine on my truck BUT per the same tech guy the Fox shocks they sell have their BDS specific valving in them and if i ordered direct from Fox the valving would be totally different...

What would you guys do? I'm really fed up.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote