View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #776
swampbog

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
Looks like this. So you have a visual. The batter terminal and the terminal from the junction block connect on the same stud on the starter. So how in the hell is connecting direct to be battery different that how I have it hooked it is getting the same voltage it is tied into the battery?
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...1&d=1451667253

I missed this post all together.
I thought your battery wire was going to the junction block and then down to the starter, not the other way around.
I'm no electrical engineer or wiz kid either, so is it possible that when your cranking the engine over that the starter is interrupting the power going to the junction block? As in is it sucking power (amps or volts) and keeping it from the junction block?
Then again, that wouldn't explain why it's stalling out after it starts. unless it's then getting full power and it "rests"?? God, I feel like I'm talking out of my ass
If you do the test of running dedicated wires to the battery and it works, verify that it's not because it needs both. If it does need both I would run a wire to the junction block and then from the block to the starter.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote