View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 AM   #266
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

I am not much of a drinker, but I like a cold beer once in a while!

got my 1 inch spacers today and I want to reiterate how much trouble this truck can be. the factory s10 studs are about 1/16 longer than an inch so I have to grind them slightly, and the extended thread lug nuts I like to use on spacers is slightly longer than the depth of the spacer so I have to grind them slightly too. so add a week, and add TWO operations. I keep looking longingly at the next donor in the driveway because I have checked it over a lot already and its much cleaner.

but on the plus side the wheels look great in the right spot, should have turning ability now.
IMG_6774 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

here is the metric wingnut I went to three hardware stores to get. yes it needs a washer, I spun it on to make sure it was the right thread. on another note I just remembered that the next donor has the twin wingnuts and I could have just borrowed one from there. note to self: shoot myself.
IMG_6775 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

but on the encouraging side of things, while I was mucking around on the passenger side I noticed how nice the bed mockup looked.
IMG_6777 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

more tomorrow, should have the windshield in and the interior mostly buttoned up by tomorrow evening, then its little stuff!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote