View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:30 PM   #56
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

While I wait I decided to start digging into the wiring. It was a huge mess from a bad stereo install and just generally how many people have puts hands on this truck. I am not going to use any of the original gauges (except fuel, initially, but that will get replaced as well eventually) - I am doing a custom dash based on an android tablet with minimal physical gauges - I am contemplating removing (or at least coiling up) a good chunk of that wiring as well just to further simplify. I also plan this week on figuring out something to do with my dash - its horrific right now. I may just remove the plastic cover and strip off the padded dash and leave it naked for a while.

Took these out from behind the seats and stripped the wiring out...

Removed this rats nest from under the dash and wrapped around the pedals - these drove me nutty all last fall...

Much cleaner. The only bad bit of wiring left is the addition of a dome light that is a spade terminal shoved into the fuse block - I am considering adding a small fuse block next to the factory one to run the accessories I'll be adding (like properly terminating the dome light, multiple USB charging ports hidden and exposed.)

Last edited by skyphix; 06-17-2019 at 03:51 PM.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote