View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #69
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Wasnt feeling great today but by the end of the day I was able to go out and tinker a bit. Managed to remove the trans crossmember support that was put on with the cab off, so had to leave the bolts in and just tighten the nuts down onto them so they dont rattle.

I could have made my trans crossmember work but the side that goes up the outside of the frame rail gets into the fuel tank on the passenger side - probably could have trimmed it off but I still would have had to battle drilling holes at an awkward angle and probably messing them up so I jsut gave in and ordered the dirty dingo adjustable trans mount.

I've got the engine mounted as far forward in the bay as the dirty dingo mounts allow so the trans mount lines up with the flat part of the frame rails - so I wanted to make sure everything fit with enough clearance and I could still do maintenance. Also for a little motivation. Everything is super dirty - I'll clean it next year since I'll probably drive this thing on dry days this winter.

Gotta figure out how I am going to mount the coolant overflow, any ideas? Same with the airbox. Maybe I will reuse my original battery tray support for that.

Plenty of room even with the fans in place. Everything is just sitting there - still need to cut apart the radiator support from the donor Yukon to make the top radiator mount.

And with the lid on - almost looks like it came from the factory that way.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote