View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #74
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Cold day working on the truck today

Dropped the old gas tank - going to swap over the filler neck, bracket and straps tomorrow. Need to grab something to put between the straps and the tank (probably bike tubes.)

Bolted on the exhaust stubs and hooked up my not-tested O2 sensors (I have new ones) for a first fire up this weekend. Also mounted the accessory drive (missing one of the bracket bolts... gotta find one of those,) hooked up the power steering with an adapter... though I still need to plug the hydroboost return, I have everything I need for that... got the oil dipstick back in (barely fit around the dirty dingo mounts in the position I have them in but it did fit. Had to use some old engine oil to get it to fully seat.) Supposed to rain and snow tomorrow so it will be a day indoors - I'll go measure out the fuel feed line and get that made up, I'll make a handful of ground wires (that I'll replace with straps down the road,) get the tank ready to install, and make the simple top mount for the radiator. Saturday should be the day - slap everything in, run a few wires, and start it up.

I still need to figure out my shift linkage but I have a decent idea on that, and haven't had a second set of hands to help me measure out my drive shaft, but I should this weekend. Deadline of December 9th is quickly approaching...
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote