View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 02:14 PM   #5470
Lost in the 60's

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

[quote=special-K;9299515]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's View Post
Thanks for the link. My son has an '08 X-Runner that Toyota wouldn't replace the frame under. It's a damn nice truck he has done some nice enhancements to, performance-wise
I worked at a frame shop that kept 1 man busy 45 hrs week year round, just rebuilding rusted out frames. Yes, the other brands have the problem too, but Toyota has the highest percentage. This has been going on for 20 years now and Toyo refuses to take responsibility or do a better job of protecting their frames. There will NEVER be a Toyota vehicle in my garage as a result of their negligence.
And Dieseldawg, I hope, for your sake, the frame is clean, but I strongly recommend you take it to a reputable repair shop and have them put it on a hoist to inspect the frame from the inside out. Bending down and looking at the outside of the frame will not show any signs of the problem starting, as the rust comes from the inside and by the time you see a bubble or rust stain on the outside the damage is far worse than it looks. Don't mean to be a jerk, but I've seen dozens of these frames that the owners thought were fine until our guy started picking at it and found holes thru rails and cab and spring mounts almost ready to fall off. Yes, these are extreme cases, but unless you have it inspected you'll never know if there is a problem developing that you can have preventive measures performed to stop the advance.
Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote