View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 12:19 PM   #121
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

6Dof, Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olcarguy View Post
I am going to borrow that idea of the floor starter button. Were you able to incorporate the old pedal to activate the button?
When the rain lets up and I have time I'll make a bracket for the starter button located near the foot button linkage. It's just the curved bar that the foot pedal is connected to, originally bolted to the bell housing, now bolted to the firewall. So there really is no linkage there other than the curved bar.
One of the first things I figured out on this project is how it will be wired up. Starting at post 19 and on, with a wiring diagram on post 27. Now the final piece to this puzzle will be the button bracket. The way the bar is mounted to the firewall puts some resistance on the action. I should try to fix that, maybe with an extra washer on one or two bolts.
I'll locate the switch so there will be about a half inch gap before the foot pedal actuates it. That way it will feel close to original. The original setup had about that much movement to engage with the flywheel, and then push down more to activate the switch.
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote