View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #9
Hunter
Lovin' Arizona Since 1961

You Can't Cheat an Honest Man

I have a fake BofA Cashier's check on my frig for $18,500! These scumbags are in Lagos, Nigeria and here's how the scam is supposed to work: They tell you they want your auto (mine was an awesome TBI Chevy/700R4 Toyota FJ60 wagon) for a client in Canada or England or Antarctica, whatever, and don't ask for images or info or a deal - Nothing. Then they tell you that they are sending the cashier's check fed ex, which they did. Then YOU are supposed to be so excited about jamming them on the sale that YOU Western Union them the excess $$ for "shipping" WITHOUT CASHING THE CASHIER'S CHECK! Get it? You'd have to be a freakin' idiot (I guess they are out there!) to not cash the check. I went down to my local BofA where I bank and the lady was gone with the check a loooong time then came back and said this is not real. We both had a laugh because I'm not out anything. This was the second one they had in a month in my little town of 10,000.
I think it was W.C. Fields who said: "You can't cheat an honest man". I called the Federal BI and they never even returned my call as they know ALL about it. Can't get 'em in Nigeria I guess. Stay SMART, stay HONEST. H.

Last edited by Hunter; 09-09-2004 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typos
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote