View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 06:54 PM   #543
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Thanks guys! All your positive thoughts must have done the trick. The JB Weld repair to the pressure port boss was successful. Fired the engine and let it run until it reached operating temperature with no leaks. Ran it thru the gears so it would see full line pressure and it's dry as a bone around the repaired area. Now if it just holds up over the long run. Murphy's Law dictates that if it does fail, it will be at the most inopportune time. Hot Rod Express is working with their EFI tuner to see what his schedule looks like. As soon as he has an appointment they will pick up the wagon, take it to their shop, align the front end, program the transmission and tune the EFI. Should be ready for action at that point. The appraiser is coming by on Tuesday to update the value which will allow me to add collision and liability insurance.

Still have a few panels to make, plus I need to figure out why the dome light and the backup camera aren't working. Other than that, most of the electronics seem to be working. I went thru setup on the VHX gauges and other than the speedometer (which will require a special procedure) they're all calibrated. I'll admit though, it's hard for old dogs to learn new tricks. I keep reading the manuals and going WTF! This stuff is second nature to the kids that grew up with computers and I envy them.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote