View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 11:17 PM   #2680
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Good news - Bad news - Goodish news.

1. Picked up my truck today. YAY!!!

2. Drove it 2 miles and Dakota Digital HDX indicated no oil pressure, red warning light & buzzer came on. I immediately pulled over, spoke to Mike the engine builder, had it towed home cause his shop is full

3. Once home, Mike asked if it made any noise when pressure dropped? No. Says Ls oil pump is driven off the front of the crank and that if it had really dropped the lifters are very sensitive and would immediately start clacking. There was none of that.

4. At home I started it and the pressure immediately went to 40 psi and went up to 45 psi. I drove it into the garage, no warning light or buzzer.

5. Tomorrow I’ll try to check the pressure using an analog gauge if I can find the port. He says the port is metric but they use a brass 1/8” pipe thread adapter on the top center rear of the block similar to an SBC. Can anyone confirm?

6. Mike says he’s built two more cars with DD HDX instrument panels that have thrown erroneous codes. One pressure, one trans temperature. Fingers crossed it’s just that.
- Yes, it has plenty of oil.
- The oil is as-new appearing
- No burnt smell to it.
- Temp was running near 225 right when I saw the warning light but Mike says the LS does tend to run about that temp. Again, can anyone confirm?

Anyway, she’s currently a beautiful, dream fulfilling paper weight!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 10-26-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote