View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #54
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's Project Traizer 2WD closed cab.

Got some more work done on the blazer todfay as well as some needed parts. I removed the dash in order to build the braces that will keep everything aligned when we pull the body off the frame to get it blasted. How it works is simple, I made attachment plates in 8 locations, 4 front and 4 rear. In front their are two were the dash bolts in using all three bolts and two more by the rear step up to the bed floor. These areas are bolting thru several layers of metal and will help hold things in place. The rear four are more to help my keep things perfectly square as I am replaceing bed sides and they bolt into the tail gate hinge and latch locations. Then I made turn buckle rods that will push or pull the body back into shape as needed. But the first step is to shim the body to get things lined up how you want them then you will tighten up the rods to hold it in place once you like how it all lines up. Then pull the body off and bag each shim pack and body mount seperetly so it will go back in the corredt spot.

Since the mounting plates and rods will be left on for soda blasting and wil not be removed untill the body is back on its frame I went ahead and cleaned and preped all mounting areas before bolting up the plates. I also removed the dash since I needed the mounting holes for my turn buckles and rods. Also we are putting in a very clean A/C dash after the body is all preped. I could have bolted my rods into the hinge mounts but then I could not test fit the doors with out removing everything and that defeats the hole reason for having them. The way I did it you can mount up doors, rockers, floor patches and almost any thing else you need to do while keeping the body right were you want it. I will be adding more braces before the body comes off but for now here is what I have done.

Kevin
LFD inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote