View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #186
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's 4dr Tahoe Build

Cold, Rain, Fog, welcome to sunny California Sorry no out side shots today. I have been working on the roof all frickin day, started off by DA-ing the whole thing down to bare metal. Then I finished a few spots I had to heat and shrink to get the crown just right along my weld seam. I'm thinking cool it is moving right along so I go to the next step, leading the seams. I start on the drivers side front corner and do this side first. SO I Tin the side and lay down the Body solder, cut it, shape it and then long board it and it turns out real good. Then I get stupid and try to fix one small spot right were the roof seam meats the side seam and POP the roof drops and oil cans So I spend the next 2 1/2 hours fixing that and getting the roof ready for a skim coat of filler. Also in the process of fixing the oil can spots in the roof as I am beating the sh!t out of it I knock over my solder flux and the jar breaks on the ground. So all in all not a real fun day and now I am off to see if a friend has any flux I can grab so I can finish up the passenger side and start the roof seam. Here are a few pic's for now.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote