Thread: Wampus Cat
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 12:37 AM   #180
TxCajun

Re: Wampus Cat

Cab Removal

I've been doing all of my rust repair and metal work with the cab on the frame, and hadn't planned to remove it, but then I realized that in its current state of disassembly it only took removal of about a half dozen bolts, wires, and steering column to set it free. So, after seeing some other posts about applying Raptor Liner to the cab underside, I decided I wanted to do that to protect all of my work.

I made a simple wood support frame to fit inside the cab, and notched it to fit around the weatherstrip flanges on the door openings. I then attached that to my overhead hoist (see post #111) and lifted the cab. After rolling the frame back out of the way, I then set the cab on the floor and moved the hoist straps to the two inner-fender attachment points on the front of the cab, and hoisted from those points so that I could pivot the cab on its back on to a pallet with casters.

This worked really well to single handedly remove the cab. I did bend one of the drip rails slightly with the lift strap, but this is an easy fix, and I'll add some features to the wood frame to prevent that before the next lift.

Next up is wire brushing the bottom of the cab, degreasing, cleaning, and applying the Raptor Liner.
Attached Images