View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #122
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

This weeks update includes a helpful tech tip. I cant take any credit for this, my grandpa showed me this many years ago and I dont know if he came up with it or if someone else did.

Hockey pucks are a surprisingly handy tool. My grandpa liked wood working and liked to tinker with just about anything. One of his favorites was powder activated hole punchers. He was always trying to drive out roll pins and just drive out grooved parts. His solution was to cut a groove in a hockey puck and then drill a few holes. The holes allow the pins to be driven to the bottom and the groove holds round parts from rolling away while you're doing it. This also works well for distributors when your trying to drive the pin out to remove the gear.

I installed a pertonix this weekend and had to pull the distributor shaft to shim it. The hockey worked great to support the gear during disassembly and reassembly. I installed the pertronix to eliminate the points(and resistor wire). Now the truck has a brand new custom made engine harness.

Also got the truck out in the sunlight for the first time in a while and got a picture of the new exhaust mocked into place. The bottom half of the pipe will be painted black to hide it.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote