View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
jbgroby

Re: Anyone built the plastic model?

When I starting building models TG & Y was still in business!. Back in 1983 I turned my hobby into a small business by offering custom scale modeling service and I've been at it ever since. The hobby hass expended so much with dozens of aftermarket add ons and such that it's almost possible to do anything.

Over the years we've built everything from prototype's to restoration of damaged antique ship models (MY true love) . Some of the more famous models we done were, a 1/8th scale of Mercedes Benx 540K Roadster which had over 2,000 parts and although the engine nevered fired, you could still crank it by hand. all internal engine parts moved just like the real one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...r_Mercedes.jpg

made by Pocher Model Company

And we were selected to do the prototype model for the Vietnam Verterans Memorial "Three Fighting Men" (That was sone serious work) and were even selected to be cover of Fine Scale Modeler Magazine Jan. 1989. (worth more than money).

Over the years we've built dozens of car and truck models, what we do is either personally take the pictures of all componets or have them taken, and simple copy every spect of the real car as much as posssible. We them wire them up for lights, engine harness etc.

I'd never though that the business would bring me to some of th places we've worked, (movie set locations in US and canada).

We lost the original shop and a ton of photo's from KATRINA but have restarted everything from scratch at our new home in Lacombe, La.

The link below had the pictures if interested.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote