View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #5
FunKing85

Re: 1979 C20 Quad Cab

Well a cracked flywheel with some very well ground teeth amongst many other things has spurred a decision, motor is comin out. Hate that I spent all that time and money on the head gaskets just to yank it, but honestly I need to know this is all done correct and proper and I wont be happy until its fresh all the way through, this will give me a chance to get the trans re-done and hopefully my sleep will improve for many months to come. We'll see. Today I removed the front clip, removed all the necessary components up top to pull the 454, tomorrow will be the trans and everything I forgot today.
This truck really is somethin special, a catch 22 however. The only thing I have come across that isnt exact factory spec is the carb, it was originally TBI, but other than that shes bone stock down to the rubber, and it shows. I love that its all GM, no hack job, but fighting 35+ years of work and wear leaves me with a boat load of resto work. I plan in keeping it all GM, with upgrades where I see fit. Pics to come, did everything solo today and didnt get a camera break. Comments keep me motivated!