View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #24
kglowacky

Re: The dash pad matrix...who makes the best?

Here's my findings on dash pads colors and quality. First let say I have a 1978 Silverado. It has the red 78 interior. the last two part color digits are 11. No one reproduces a #11 color red in a dash pad. Some reproduce the arm rest but that is it, Most dash sellers are selling you a Carmine red color which came out a couple years after 1978 therefore I can not buy one with the 11 red color. as said, Now saying that I was told all dash pads are made by two companies. everyone buys from them ( not sure on the two companies)) but again neither make a 78 #11 red. USA1 buys their dashes from one of these two and buys them all in black. Then they dye them to factory colors therefore my only choice is to have USA1 dye one for me in 78 Red. I talked to them today and they are sending me a sample color for my approval. Very nice people to deal with. They will also sell me dye to match my dash. All good. Will update when I get the sample. Now one more thing they have a 4-6 week lead time on shipping the dash . I am happy with USA1 so far they have been excellent to talk to. PLEASE take this info with some sort of understanding I am only passing on what I heard.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote