View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Bull72

Some guys have skills and some have bills

I heard somewhere that some guys have skills and some have bills. I bought this great looking K5 in November 2010 but know nothing about fixing vehicles. As I saw my truck being towed to the mechanics this morning and know for sure that I am the guy with bills. Slowly but surely i will be learning more. I'm ok with it =) as long as they fix this and I get to drive this sweet K5!!!

Over the past 2 months this newbie here has replaced the radiator, plugs & wires, new battery,and installed the softtopper =)

But I have PAID for the install of the distributor/ignition, horn, speedometer cable, temperature gauge, carb cleaning/adjustments, rear brakes, pcv valve, tuffy console, external regulator for the old alternator, and found out today I will be paying for a new alternator =) What type of guy are you, the one with skills or bills? What do you usually end up paying for?

EDIT::: Over the past couple months this thread is now turning into my build page as well. I am learning a bit more than I thought I would from a couple of friends that are helping me rebuild the engine.

6/6 update: Block is out of the truck and being rebuilt, see the latest replies. My buddy the helping me rebuild the engine and refresh the entire bay. It should be done in the next couple weeks. New aluminum heads, intake manifold, carb, camshaft, litters, bored over block, oil pump, fuel pump, starter, headers, etc.
Attached Images

My mini build (I had a great starting point)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=440743

Last edited by Bull72; 06-12-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: turning into my build page
Bull72 is offline   Reply With Quote