View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #9
Chris(NJ)

Re: Chris(NJ)'s, where am I going with this, already built build

THanks guys!
Black Sheep, The truck was mostly done, but I developed a trifecta of problems last month. Engine leaking oil, trans leaking oil and running like absolute ****. Not sure what happened yet so I need to diagnose that. Gonna make a separate post about that for some ideas. But, I want to figure out the next steps in an engine setup that's potentially a little more unique too and this may be a good opportunity. I have to research what I can fit in here w/ the stock frame. Otherwise, small stuff. Want to match the brakes up front to the rears. stupid stuff like that.

Here's a few more things I wound up having to fix after purchasing. Part of the problem w/ buying something sight unseen is that the seller always thinks everything is fine w/ the vehicle from their perspective lol.

The rear axle breather was puking fluid. Easy to pinpoint the problem and after researching it, come to find out this is a pretty common problem w/ this style breather. From what I saw, it was a common problem on later style Vette's. It's spring loaded and theoretically, once a couple pounds of pressure builds, it's supposed to vent it out. Problem with that is when it holds more pressure and lets a volcanic eruption of fluid out with it lol
I pulled a page out of my Tacoma playbook, sticking a union in the axle and running some fuel line up high w/ a 2 way breather on the end.

The other pic I attached was for the speedo ratio adapter. Before purchasing the truck, the previous owner told me it was an electronic speedometer and needed calibrating. It was off by 20% (reading higher than actual speed) Well...after buying it I crawled underneath and saw the cable attached to a ratio adapter that was plugged into the trans. Not at all electrical lol. Unplugged the ratio adapter and ran the cable straight into the trans. Problem solved. I'm only off by about 2 or 3mph depending on speed.
Attached Images

Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote