View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26 PM   #896
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Lets see pics of your truck hauling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_oz View Post
Steeveedee,

I also have a 1970 Chev Longhorn, matching SPID and as far as I can tell all original.

Both "Longhorn" badges have come off, one is in the glove box, the other is missing, neither side of the bed has holes for badge pins to go through, they appeared to be "glued" on, not sure what with.

The original badge I have in the glovebox has no signs of ever having pins.
you can see the outline of the adhesive in front of the rear side marker in this photo, both sides the same.

Mine also had a camper from new, an 11ft ANZA camper, which the order notes specific reference to "longhorn" not sure what was different about it, as I don't have any photos of the camper. I wish I did.
Well now, that is pretty interesting. I didn't think that there was a tape that good back in the day. Guess I should start a thread about that. I had a '68 Skylark GS California that had the "GS" emblem on the "C" pillar (it was a "post" car). I had the devil of a time getting those emblems off when I painted the roof after removing the shredded vinyl top. There was no way I was going to buy those serrated barrel nuts to secure those emblems again, so I used double-sided tape.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote