Thread: '70 LWB Build
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #21
LagunaGlide

Re: '70 LWB Build

It's been a long while since I have updated this thread. Not much has happened, but it is still on the road, and still ugly.

I have still been removing old paint, and was planning to do cab corners, so I got to removing some bondo, and that carried over into the doors. After some further assessment I decided to wait on cab corners until I can pull the cab and to the floor supports, and floor repairs.

The drivers door is pretty much trash on the bottom half, so I am still trying to source doors. Really holding out for original color, but that won't last forever.

I started going through the electrical, as the PO had this "jumper" going on, and the original voltage regulator was still there.

They had done an alternator upgrade, but didn't wire it "properly" as I found from digging around on the forums. I decided to wire it all up properly, replace the battery cables and terminals, and just clean it all up.

Around this time I had also removed the front inner wheel housings and decided to clean them up and give them a primer coating. I also replaced most of the hardware holding them in.

Here is the engine bay now.

I still need to find some clips/retainers to secure the main harness along the fender. I also have this single black wire that comes from the trans just some little clip connector that I imagine is for a shift light or something that I need to figure out where it goes as it's been cut near the firewall.

Gears have shifted a bit, and I am starting to collect parts to lower it, put wheel and tires on, and front discs. Also looking at seat options.

If anyone out there finds some 70-70 1/2 doors in my color I am on the hunt.

Last edited by LagunaGlide; 09-19-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Photo issues
LagunaGlide is offline   Reply With Quote