View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 01:46 AM   #1
Jsfucttruck

87 V20 D/D and Road trip Burb

So I bought this gem on a whim. A good friend knew that I am a Suburban nut(#Burbslut) and called me and said the neighbor had a burb for sale. Naturally, I had to go look. It is a 87 V20 Chevy Burb. 6.2 Diesel(non Turbo)/th400/np208.
I drove out to The location to take a peak and got the info. The sellers ended up flaking on me, and after the second failed attempt to meet up i gave up. A few days later I got a call from them and they apologized about flaking on me. So I went and looked at the truck.

So I love the stacked 4x4 headlight front clip so I was sold already. Silverado, Tailgate, F/R a/c, power everything, and no 700r4. The headliner was shot but the interior was nice. It has some funky dents on the roof but no real issues that I could see then. Just a stock truck.

Batteries were dead. One was a tiny battery from a Honda, and the other was 20yr old deep cycle. It wouldn't take a jump with no surprise. I told the dude I would come back with a pr of fresh batteries and a cash offer. The For sale sign had $1800 listed.

I show up and wait 30 min just to find out the dude is passed out in his house. He comes out, talking up the truck that doesn't run yet. I put 2 newish yellow tops in, wait for the glows, and it fires right up. It smoked lightly for 5-10 min while I did a walk around. Only the rear tailgate window rolls down. Ac blows cold.

I took it for a test drive and it drove so nice(after getting diesel). No play in the steering, no suspension clunks, brakes worked great. The transmission shifted tight too. So I headed back.
After much haggling I told the dude this. "So I have been out here 5 times now, brought $400 in batteries, installed them, had to get fuel, and I know that this thing has been here for sale for 4 months. Regardless, I only brought $750 cash.

So I came home with this.
Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote